Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:09 PM


Every four years I begin to walk around a bit differently. I start to twirl a little bit more, and point my toes every so often.

I no longer wave at people I know, I salute them by raising both arms straight up in the air.

Curbs become a place to try moves.

Its amazing how watching a few Olympic games suddenly make me feel that I have missed my call in life. Perhaps I am great at something. Perhaps I have a hidden genius that we are not aware of. Perhaps, just perhaps, one of those obscure sports is actually my claim to fame, I just have to find it and tap into it.

Have you ever wondered why we aren't good at things we don't like? What if my savant skills were in running? I would hate doing it but I would be great at it when I did. That would be a bummer.

So maybe its good that I haven't found the one area that I could win an Olympic gold, maybe if I did I would hate doing it and then feel like I should, just cuz I could.
|
This entry was posted on 11:09 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On August 15, 2008 at 11:50 PM , barnettblend said...

Hillarious!! Did you see Michael Phelps right now!! Amazing. I know, don't we all become expert "judges" on a sport we see hardly ever?

 
On August 16, 2008 at 12:31 AM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Yeah I was critiquing syncronized diving like I had been doing it all my life!!! Haha!!!
Haven't watched much of Phelps but I have been watching a lot of soccer. The women's team is doing well. Argentina men's is still my favorite though...not sure why other than Argentinians are very cute. Haha!

The women's beach volleyball team is fun to watch. They are amazing!!!

 
On August 16, 2008 at 9:18 PM , Julee Huy said...

You are totally insane.

Nice post though, it was nice writing a good read. Entertaining :)

 
On August 16, 2008 at 11:23 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Good, thats another call I missed in life...writing. If I ever go back for my Masters it would be in writing.

Actually I guess I do use it. I write plays...but they are not very good and the ones that are I steal from Scripture...can't beat that writing! :)