Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•3:05 PM
Last night I had a dream that I met a guy. Then I woke up this morning and realized it was just a dream. Needless to say I was feeling a little down in my singleness this morning. Not terrible, just somewhat. So I pulled out the tools that God has given me to combat these feelings and prevent it from becoming a self-pity party, His Word. My Bible study this morning ministered to my heart!

Then I pulled out another tool, fellowship. I jumped on facebook, asked for prayer and could tell right away that people were praying. Then I started reading a new book I got called "Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?" Which sounds depressing but its actually a book that takes your focus and puts it on God's purpose for you in your singleness.

Lastly, I put it all down and decided to jump in the shower. Let me remind you I am kid sitting so I am not at my house. As I reached for the shampoo I noticed something on the back of the bottle, "dull hair attracting duds?"

Did that say what I thought it said? I looked again, sure enough, "Dull hair attracting duds?" Well of course this required more investigation so I read on and under "what to do" it said, "It's way less complicated than the dating game - just lather and rinse."

At this point I laughed out loud and thought, "what was I thinking! I don't need that book or the Word or my friends, I just need shampoo!!!"
|
This entry was posted on 3:05 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On October 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM , Beverly Hernandez said...

That is too funny! You crack me up. So instead of praying for you, I'll go shampoo for you! j/k of course I'll pray for you while I shampoo! :)

 
On October 3, 2009 at 8:23 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

LOL, I hadn't thought of that. I'm going to have a lot of people remembering this blog when they shampoo...so, all y'all, shampoo and pray!