Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•9:24 AM
Parenting is quite the job. First, with the 3 kids last week I learned that even when kids are good and pretty self sufficient (they are 11, 13, and 15 ish) its exhausting trying to remember everything, answering questions, deciding on dinner, making sure homework gets done, cooking dinner, making sure chores get done, deciding dinner for the next day.

Did you know that kids have to eat EVERY DAY! That doesn't sound that crazy but it truly is. Every single day. 3 times a day!

Oh but the times of laughter and fun that comes with these kids is like medicine to my soul. My soul wasn't sick so maybe thats not it. Chocolate to my soul. Except its good for me. But Carrots to my soul just doesn't sound the same.

So, this week I have 1 child who is 15 years old (WHAT! It was just yesterday that she was 11). She is precious as well and very good as well. We have had some good talks about life.

But this one too...she eats every day.

I eat every day but for some reason its not as hard for me.

Next week I am back home and I am going to miss it. I will miss the dinner conversations, I will miss the millions of questions (children are inquisitive aren't they?), I will miss playing mom. But I will see them all again Sunday.

This post has no purpose. I am just in a rambling mood. A good mood. Just rambly.

Next week I am going to begin preparing for Christmas. Crazy as it sounds I am determined to be relaxed and enjoy the holidays this year! In fact, soon I will be teaching on Holiday Time Management and we will be talking about how to enjoy the holidays not just survive them. So, I will post more as I prepare.
|
This entry was posted on 9:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On October 2, 2009 at 11:01 PM , barnettblend said...

For real.. the food thing kills me. I hate thinking about meal prep. :) And then like an hour later they're all asking for a banana.

 
On October 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Haha...at least its a banana and not "can we have root beer floats?" and if I say no "can we have root beer floats tomorrow night? How about next year? What about 10 years from now, will you let us have root beer floats if we have a chicken for dinner 10 years from now and we want dessert?"

Ok, a little exaggeration but I was talking to their mom tonight and these two kids of hers ask more questions, hypothetical futeristic questions, than every person I know put together!