Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•9:27 PM
My world has become very strange. I am beginning to wonder how people view me. Perhaps, they view me the same, but if the tables were turned I would think I was a finicky person. Its annoying that I have had to become finicky. Perhaps finicky is not the right word. Sickly? Fragile? I'm tired of saying, "no thank you. I can't eat that." Then, again, needing to explain why.

Some people are very good about it and catch on right away. One lady made us some gingerbread for the office and let me know it was dairy free and soy free. I was so blessed that she took the time to even think of that. Made me feel normal again in a small way.

Pastor Pat tries. Its very sweet. He put some soup in our "Staff Cupboard" the other day and said, check it out you might be able to eat it, it has a lot of fiber in it. I knew right away that it was Progresso which has soy in every soup I have ever looked at, and just said, "oh ok!" Its sweet because he tried. I think that the fiber confused him because he knows it affects my stomach.

Another woman the other day kept trying to make me allergic to gluten. When I say, "kept trying" I mean about five times in our short conversation she said, "so you are allergic to soy and gluten?" "No, dairy and soy." "But I thought you were allergic to gluten?" "No, I never said that." "Well somebody is! Who said they were allergic to gluten?" Then a few minutes later, "so let me get this straight, you are allergic to Dairy and soy and gluten?" And around and around we went. She was making me laugh so hard.

This morning Chris came in and opened both the front doors up because it was such a gorgeous day out. There was a fire nearby and I could immediately smell the smoke. It bothers my eyes and throat so much that sometimes I can tell from that before I even smell it. I had to shut the doors and I felt so bad.

Then there's my nickle or aluminum allergy (not sure which yet)...

All these things mean I am constantly explaining why I can't....no I can't....No I'm allergic to....

Then when I get really frustrated I think of my cousin. My precious precious cousin who has 5 kids with food allergies. Such severe allergies that the only place they can eat out is In-N-Out and thats only if they get the hamburgers protein style with no sauce. My precious precious cousin who never complains. Who, I know gets discouraged but has more courage than anyone I know. Who deals with this much more than I do.

I think of her and I think, I have nothing to complain about.

So I keep on explaining. One day they will all understand and it will be no big deal anymore. Praise God! Oh wait, one day we will be in heaven and I can sit down with my cousin Nathan and teach him how to eat nacho cheese doritos dipped in cream cheese!!! PRAISE GOD!
|
This entry was posted on 9:27 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: