Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:17 AM
...and yet I'm still posting a blog.

Okay it's pretty sad when you are in the mood to talk so you turn to a computer.

I watched a documentary on facial expressions the other day. They claim that a lot of our relationship problems today are because we are an email/phone based society and are losing our ability to read and understand facial expressions.

I say if you have a problem then spend some time with my mom. Her facial expressions could be a beginners course. Then you would graduate and move on to someone a little less easy to read and continue doing this until you can read the facial expressions of a statue. The statue of David, by the way, is contemplative.

There was one aspect that did make sense to me though. That was video games. They made the point that children spend a lot of time on video games and in front of the TV that they aren't interacting face to face with their parents like they would have 100 years ago. Their solution? A robot that can make facial expressions.

Need I even say "silly"?

Once a month I have someone over for tea. Someone that God lays on my heart to reach out to. Someone who maybe needs that face to face time. Its a time to visit, laugh, eat watercrest sandwiches and make someone feel special. Can you imagine what this world would be like without times such as this? We need each other in the flesh.

Okay, I'm done rambling today.

Looking forward to seeing Alicia in the flesh again!
|
This entry was posted on 12:17 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On November 23, 2007 at 11:45 PM , barnettblend said...

For having nothing to say - that was a mouthful! J/K I love reading your posts - they make me laugh. See you in like 8 hrs. :)