Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:10 PM

The Hubbard Glacier is not a port but it is a cruising site. Your boat never stops moving but you get to get pretty close to it depending on the weather (how much ice is in the water). We started off the day by finding a good spot with a view and camping out until we got to the glacier.

We spent a lot of time waiting, playing cards, eating, waiting, waiting, waiting...

While we were waiting lots of ice started floating by. Some small little pieces and some huge! But mostly small.

This is not the glacier but a mountain that looked amazing!

This is a very zoomed in picture of the glacier.

I kept zooming out until I got to the widest possible. The glacier is amazingly blue and gorgeous! I loved how blue it was. The water was kind of murky because the silt in the glacier gets into the water as it melts.

Jessica and Alissa together, Jess is the cutest Mom!
This was funny because I kept trying to get a good pic of my mom and my Aunt like this and it was not working. Finally they were like, we are done! And I said, "One more" and it worked that time!
Thats it for the Hubbard Glacier. Stay tuned for our next episode where we explore the ship!
|
This entry was posted on 11:10 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On September 7, 2008 at 10:31 PM , barnettblend said...

The glacier looks weird cause it's flat.. I thought it would be all sharp and pointy looking.. :( I'm disappointed.. j.k.

 
On September 10, 2008 at 10:49 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

I'm sorry...I thought it would be like a mountain but it wasn't. It wasn't disappointing at all in person. It was amazing! The blue color is gorgeous!!!