Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:50 AM
Wednesday night was one of those nights. I really enjoyed the teaching and worship and afterwards was blessed to spend time in fellowship with many people. However, as I stepped into the office to pick up my purse I just felt I needed a moment in the quiet darkness that the room held. So, for a moment I sat in my chair and just listened to the noises outside of the office. Music floated in from the Sanctuary as worship CDs played through the sound system. Laughter of kids playing in the hallways. I could hear multiple conversations of joyful people. Nothing really clear but all happy sounds. Then the feeling of how blessed I am completely overwhelmed me. I am so surrounded by such wonderful people that all love God and thats when it hit me. Heaven will sound just like that. When we get to heaven it will be like when you are on a retreat and there are pockets of everything happening at once. Some people will be in a corner playing worship music and singing, some children might be running through playing, some people will be laughing and telling stories to each other, but everything will have Christ's love shining through so clearly. I am so very blessed. I do not know if I can bear such joy as the Lord gives.

Eventually I did leave the room, but oh how I wanted to stay and just imagine heaven. It reminds me of a song by Amy Grant:

I'd love to live on a mountaintop, fellowshipping with the Lord
I'd love to stand on that mountaintop, 'cause I love to feel my spirit so
But I've got to come down from that mountaintop, to the people in the valley below
Or they'll never know, that they can go to the mountain, of the Lord.
|
This entry was posted on 12:50 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: