Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•1:03 AM
This is a statement that people often use when they are feeling down. I have begun to realize something about this statement, it is an excuse not to listen to the comfort God has granted. Think about it, anytime you may have said it, or someone else said it to you, it is after someone else was offering comfort.

Granted nobody truly can get in your skin, think your thoughts, and see things with the exact same perspective that you do, but that doesn't mean that they don't have a clue how you feel.

I started thinking about all the times that I have said this and realized that I use it as an excuse to negate encouragement offered. That is a lie from the enemy. It is taking the iron sharpening iron, the comforting others with the same comforted that you have been comforted with, the encouraging others with Psalms, hymns and Spiritual songs and all the other Scriptures about exhorting each other and saying "nope, its not enough."

Please don't negate that which God possibly intended for your help and encouragement. Even David chose not to silence a man who was slandering him because he said, "if he is sent by God then I have something to learn." How much more should we be with something uplifting? Would you look Christ in the eye and say, "You just don't understand how I feel?" If you did, He would extend His nail scarred hand to you and say, "I know the plans I think towards you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope."
|
This entry was posted on 1:03 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On December 16, 2008 at 1:18 PM , Breanna said...

That's so true. I always think that, too. I don't think I've ever noticed that part about David. Where's it found so I can read it?

 
On December 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

2 Samuel 16:5-12. I am glad you had me look it up. I remembered it slightly wrong. David did not say that there might be truth in it, but he did say the man was sent by God. Still fits what I was trying to say. Its an interesting story.