Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:53 AM
Karen came into the office today with a camera. She said, "Look what I found in one of the church Christmas tree boxes." We pulled it out and a small thought started forming in the back of my mind. I looked at the camera to see if there was anything familiar about it but it was wholly unfamiliar to me. We tried turning it on to look at the pictures but the battery was run down. I was still considering this idea that was seemingly unreal to me. Then Karen pulled out a memory card adapter out of the camera case. My idea seemed a little more realistic. We took the card and the adapter and plugged them into my computer. We were looking at pictures of people from church, scrolling scrolling, then there it was...pictures of my grandmother! My idea was correct.

2 years ago I used some bonus money to purchase a camera for myself. I was so excited and loved using my new digital camera. Around this time we had a big windstorm and the wind tweaked my car door enough that I couldn't open it. For quite a few weeks I was crawling in and out of the passenger's side door. Then one day the horrible happened. I couldn't find my camera. After scouring my house, the church and everywhere else we could think of I could only conclude that in my crawlings in and out of the car I must have dropped it in a parking lot.

I was devastated. Have you ever lost something so valuable and had that horrible sick feeling in your gut? I kept all the batteries and cords and such because I was so sick about it I kept hoping it would turn up. About a month later someone blessed me (anonymously) by giving me another camera. I cried and cried. But I still had that horrible feeling every time I thought about it.

So, you figured it out by now I'm sure, that was my camera. Somehow I dropped it into one of the Christmas boxes two years ago at Christmas and it turns up now!!! Praise God!!!
|
This entry was posted on 12:53 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On December 3, 2008 at 1:27 AM , Beverly Hernandez said...

Ahhh, that's cool. Josh & Heidi just left their camera on the airplane when they came back from their trip to Colorado. It had pictures of the baby's first Thanksgiving and her first airplane trip. :( I'm sure they can get thanksgiving pictures from their relatives. But, so sad. They contacted the airlines, but chances of getting it back are pretty slim.

 
On December 3, 2008 at 10:24 AM , Julee Huy said...

Cool story! So, now that you have two cameras... :)

 
On December 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM , barnettblend said...

That's so funny.. :) I remember when you were all upset about that too. :)