Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•10:40 AM
Recently I was working on my finances and I was pretty scared. My car loan payments usually build up for several months before they go through. This means that I have to make sure I have enough in the bank to cover the payments. I will look at my balance and think "wow I have a lot of money" and then start remembering how long it has been since my car loan payment went through (it's a personal loan through and this friend rarely goes to the bank).

So anyway, before doing my bills I sat down and wrote my tithe check first. Then I prayed and asked God to help me cover all my bills this month. I have been running on a tighter budget since getting this computer and I was sensing that things were going downhill. I had been tempted to skip the tithe check but God kept tugging at my heart to trust Him, not me. So I started with that before I could back out.

I finished paying all my bills...knowing that if my car payments would go in this month they would bounce. I was strangely peaceful. I was trusting God and knowing that He would cover it. I was thinking of creative ways to make some extra cash, and even considering taking a really stupid dare of drinking some grout water (another story) for $100. But I kept stopping myself and thinking, "God will provide a way. If its earning money it won't be by killing myself and drinking something with lime in it!" Haha.

A WHOLE DAY LATER...I was chatting with my mom and suddenly it hit me...

When you look at the balance in my computer it is already accounting for the car payments. I had been subtracting those in my mind twice! YIKES! No wonder I thought I didn't have any money!!!

So God totally provided!!! He ROCKS!!!
|
This entry was posted on 10:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On April 19, 2008 at 12:47 PM , Beverly Hernandez said...

hahahaha...that's funny, but cool that you now have a fortune to come see me with.

Auntie Bev

 
On April 19, 2008 at 11:35 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Haha ahhh yes...well...I'm not exactly rich. I can't afford to make a double car payment. I am still trying to pay off my computer you see...But I will still come see you! And I am SO excited about that!!!

When are you going to start writing a blog about your life...I love homeschooling and all but I want to hear about my wonderful Aunt ;-)