Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•10:11 AM
My cousin recently posted something on her blog at www.discoveringnathan.blogspot.com that got me thinking.

Two Christmases ago I received quite a few calendars. I was deciding where to hang them all when God gave me an idea. I took a mini wall calendar and placed it beside my bed. I called it my calendar of blessings and every night before going to bed I would write something I was thankful for that day. It was anything from a pleasant conversation I had to a large blessing I might have received. There were tragedies that we went through last year, horrible days, but still, every day I was able to find some thing that I could say I was thankful for. On the darkest day of all last year my thankful note was for a hug from a grandfatherly figure in our body. He allowed me to cry on his shoulder.

This calendar blessed me so much I gave out little ones and Christmas gifts along with the story. I have been pleasantly surprised by how many people have started the same habit as well now. I pray that any of you reading this that feel the stirring from God will do the same. It is amazing the things you begin to notice in your life that God does for you.

This all ties to my cousin's post because I was thinking of the things that we do take for granted. I am thankful for our little Nathan boy that helps us to remember to praise God for the achievements that we normally would not notice!
|
This entry was posted on 10:11 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 17, 2008 at 9:46 PM , barnettblend said...

That is a really cute idea...