Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•7:47 PM
Recently a comment was added to my blog, you might have read it, from a girl...no a woman...named Brittany. I met Brittany 10 years ago when I went on a missions trip to Ireland. Can it really be 10 years ago now? My goodness how time just keeps marching on. Brittany was a sweet little thing that I got to spend some time with while I was there. She was more of a missionary than myself. She jumped right in and worked with the kids, helped out wherever she could and was just darling to watch. Myself, I was an awkward kid just becoming an adult who didn't have a clue how to just jump in.

Anyways, hearing from Brittany was a pleasant surprise. I went to her site and found that she is now a woman of God. Some things haven't changed. She looks to be very involved with her church community and loving and serving the Lord.

My brother had some pictures posted on his church website a while ago that showed Zach Ruiz, guitar in hand, worshipping God. You could tell he was worshipping just by the closed eyes and expression on his face of adoration.

Its times like these that make me so grateful for the God we serve. I can't tell you how many times people tell me, as if reassuring me, that one day I might still use my teaching degree...What they don't understand is that its not about what you are doing, its about who you are doing it for. When you are in God's will for your life and you realize that, embrace that, and live it to the fullest you are so much more blessed.

And in 10 years you may see some beautiful fruit of it!

I can't say that Brittany was fruit from my labors, and I taught Zach in Sunday School, but I'm not trying to claim that fruit either. Its simply seeing the fruit in the entire orchard, if that makes sense. You step back and see how much God can change a life in 10 years. Where God takes people. Taking children and growing them into Godly adults.

I cannot tell you how blessed I am.

So if there are anymore long lost acquaintances, friends, children I babysat or taught in Sunday School, people I met once on the street, by all means...tell me where you are at now and how God has worked in your life. I would love to hear!
|
This entry was posted on 7:47 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: