Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•8:12 PM
Well our little community is now dissolved. We had a wonderful week.

Tonya was our worship leader and she was teaching the children how to worship. It was a precious sight. During a pause in the song she explained to the kids to think about who God is and how good He is. The kids all did this. They were quiet and still and reflective. It was very sweet. I was nearly in tears and had a hard time speaking afterwards.

Pastor Pat was our tax collector. Throughout the week he would go to each different marketplace area and demand taxes from the marketplace owner. Then at the end of the week, when Jesus appeared (thank you Ben!) he repented. Because he was a tax collector he explained he had overtaxed the people and gave all the kids a chocolate coin.

I might give more highlights another day, but for now I am finished.
|
This entry was posted on 8:12 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On June 21, 2008 at 11:34 PM , barnettblend said...

Did you make it through without getting sick??? :) I hope so. Sounds like it went well. :)

 
On June 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Nope, I am very sick. Friday I barely made it through...Saturday was clean up and we were blessed by some of the men cleaning before we even got there.

Right now I am at my parents on the couch being taken care of.