Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•10:49 PM
Happy Birthday to one of my oldest friends...uhhh...I mean...HAHA!

For those of you who don't know Alicia she is a dear...well...actually she's pretty ornery but I love her because of it :)

We met when I was 11. That means we have been friends for 17 years. 17! Thats almost a whole adult! Like a kid that was 1 when we met is now an adult!!! YIKES!!!

We have been friends through thick and thin (whatever does that mean anyway? Unless its referring to weight it really doesn't make any sense), through boyfriends and breakups, through laughter and tears (more laughter than anything). Its amazing because we are SO different. I am flighty and she is practical.

Have you seen Sense and Sensibility? I would be Kate Winslet and Alicia Emma Thompson (wait, does that mean I have to marry some old dude? Ugh). Or I am Giselle from Enchanted and Alicia is Sally Fields in Steel Magnolias.

Actually Alicia has her own Giselle side to her, she just doesn't let everyone see it.

I love my friend, and I love that God has allowed me 17 wonderful years of friendship. I can't wait for heaven when I can move in next door to her (hmmm...Alicia sorry, that's my heaven...what would that be for you?).
|
This entry was posted on 10:49 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On July 22, 2008 at 11:40 PM , barnettblend said...

No comment.. J/J - Yeah, I got your message but thought it would be too late to call back.. It made me laugh- I loved the clearing of the throat.. :) I'm not all that serious though as those characters - at least not all the time. :)

 
On July 23, 2008 at 1:27 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

I didn't mean that you were that serious...just more realistic. I don't even know if this makes sense but here I live in this dream world and my closest friends are those who are very practical and realistic. I say, "lets reach for the stars" and you guys say, "you silly, even if we could somehow reach them they would burn us up because they are huge balls of burning gas."

You know, that kind of serious :)

 
On July 23, 2008 at 11:36 PM , barnettblend said...

Oh.. okay, I agree then. :)