Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•6:24 PM
As a single gal I have times of being alone, and feeling vulnerable. Not always, but in certain situations. Sometimes for no reason, just because I'm alone. When I am with my father there is always the security that everything will be ok. It doesn't really matter what the situation is around me, I can relax and be at peace knowing daddy is in control (sounds like a spiritual application is there!).

Today, however, daddy wasn't able to be there and God showed me that He always protects me. Several of the men from church (5 to be exact) had met at my apartment at 6 a.m. to help me move.

At about 6:30 I was upstairs with Pastor Pat and I hear some yelling outside. There was a guy out there yelling profanity at the guys downstairs helping me move. Apparently he was angry that we had woke him up (honestly we had not been all that loud. No more than anyone else in the neighborhood at one time or another. I have lived here three years and never had anyone complain about me being noisy where plenty of others has caused problems. We were not whispering but we weren't yelling or anything). Pretty soon the whole neighborhood is up. They all told us that he was pretty much crazy (so obviously we hadn't bothered them).

The part that started getting scary was when Eric told me what he had said to them. He talked about me and called me some profane names. He knew we were Christians and mocked us with that. The guys handled it very well, though Danny, when the guy started talking about me, was very upset and Eric talked him down a bit. Danny is an ex gang member. Had he not been saved when this happened...well...Danny may have turned that guy's other cheek for him.

So Eric, having heard a lot of what this guy was saying about me, got concerned about me coming back alone to clean. So they basically decided I shouldn't come back alone.

We went to my new place (much much much nicer neighborhood and I met my neighbors already they are about 80ish and adorable!!!) and unloaded. When we finished there I stayed to unpack and Pastor Pat left to go drop off his trailer. He decided to grab Kelly, his wife, and go clean for me at the old place so I wouldn't have to go back at all.

He and Kelly arrived at the old place and the guy started yelling at him again. Using what can't really be described as colorful language since he basically only used one word over and over. He wanted to start a fight with Pastor Pat and was getting in Pastor Pat's face (just inches away) trying to egg him on. As they were leaving the assistant manager came out and asked Pastor Pat to call the police so that they could get a police report filed on this guy.

I walked away from this somewhat shaken up but feeling very secure knowing that any of those 5 guys was ready to deck that guy for my sake. The fact that they didn't was not unprotectiveness but being Christ-like. Its nice to have many men in my life who will stand up for me. Makes me feel very safe.

I will post pics of my new apartment when I get more unpacked!
|
This entry was posted on 6:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On July 2, 2008 at 6:26 PM , Jerry's Precious Kim said...

Wow that guy sounds like satan incarnate. I am sending you a teaching by Cheryl Brodersen right now, she talks about a time when a guy was harassing her at a gas station it's such a great teaching so I won't spoil it. Just remember who you are in Christ! You are His precious beloved daughter and your life is marked by Christ rest in His peace.
love ya Kim

 
On July 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM , Beverly Hernandez said...

Wow, Bri, that's scary. You brought tears to my eyes as you quite often do. It's good to hear that you have so many good people behind you watching your back and taking care of you. Haha, if you were here you probably would have had the opportunity to see that car accident face again! :)

Love ya lots and can't want to go cruisin' with ya!

Auntie Bev (who always feels a bit younger being an aunt than a grandma)