Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:01 AM
If I remember right, this picture was taken after I got sick. Thats why I look somewhat tired. I was weak from losing so much weight (5 lbs in 24 hours) and the kids couldn't help but still want to be held. It was a blessing though, wouldn't change it for the world!!!


Tonight we all met at the church to see the El Salvador team off. Let me begin by saying that I have a complete peace about staying. I know it is God's will this time. Praise the Lord! I stayed because both Pastor Pat and Chris went so I am here to hold down the fort. Pastor Pat told me not to sell the new church for anything less than 5 Million. I told him I would start at 10 and work my way down. :)

It was strange not going though. I think because I understand exactly how they are feeling. At this moment their plane should be taxiing to the runway and taking off. They are feeling a mix of excitement, sadness, thrill, nerves and so many other juxtapose emotions.

Please pray for them through the next 10 days. Pray for me as well...I am holding down the fort remember!
|
This entry was posted on 12:01 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On July 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Julee Huy said...

Our Highschool team left for Ireland today! They'll be gone for 10 days. :)

I'll reply to your email tonight ok? :)

 
On July 16, 2008 at 8:01 PM , Julee Huy said...

Oh, I forgot you've been before. Shawn is leading our highschool team to Ireland, not the same place. They will be meeting up with some of the team from Calvary Chapel New Jersey though. We have a team of 39 people.