Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•8:43 PM
No pictures, I'm sorry but I forgot my camera. Maybe I can get some later from our unofficial church photographer.

What an amazing weekend. Psalm 103 was the theme, "Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name!"

One thing that stood out to me was the meaning of the word bless: to yield, to adore, to congratulate, to salute and to thank.

Bless the Lord, yield to the Lord, adore the Lord, congratulate the Lord, salute the Lord, and thank the Lord O my soul, and all that is within me, bless, yield to, adore, congratulate, salute and thank His holy name!

He alone is worthy.
|
This entry was posted on 8:43 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On July 13, 2008 at 10:48 PM , Julee Huy said...

Wow! So many different actions tied into one word! They all seem to have meanings not similar to each other. When I am yielding, I don't think about saluting or adoring. Interesting.

 
On July 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Yeah it amazed me too! The whole retreat really blew me away. God definitely has mercy on me!!!