Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•1:38 PM
The No Diet is because I have to now say no to lactose and no to soy. Do you realize that everything has Soy in it? So I will be saying no to everything. Which means I will get really skinny. Its a great diet!

Seriously, I believe I am Lactose and Soy intolerant and am going to cut it out of my diet. Right now I am slowly working at cutting it out since I need some alternatives in the meantime.

I found this bread at the store that has no lactose or soy. YAY! Plus some deli meat and some slice rice cheese (this has traces of lactose and soy but for me that is better than no cheese at all). This was my sandwich for lunch today and it tasted pretty good. I noticed a small difference at first but thats mostly in the bread. The meat obviously was fine and the cheese tasted normal. YAY!

It may turn out that cheeses, or certain cheeses are ok (many LI people can eat cheese) but I don't know for sure because yogurt seems to mess me up too and the cultures in Yogurt are supposed to still be ok for LI folks. So we will see. My goal is to get to where I can go 2 weeks without any Lactose or Soy and slowly introduce certain types back in and see how intolerant I am.

How will this work on the cruise? I might have to just not worry about it on the cruise :)
|
This entry was posted on 1:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On July 22, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Brittany said...

Hey Brianna... I don't know if you knew that a lot of LI people can also digest raw milk without a problem, and goat milk is much easier to digest than cow's... anyway, just my 2 cents! :)

 
On July 22, 2008 at 10:32 PM , Julee Huy said...

Hey Bri -

I really do plan to reply to your emails! I think about it all day. For right this second, yes, your body breaks down soy the same way it breaks down milk and so it reacts the same way to it. Besides that, soy is just really nasty stuff.

I'll talk to you more about this soon!

 
On July 22, 2008 at 10:42 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Brittany,
Hello again! Where in the world do you find raw milk??? I like the lactaid that I have been drinking because it tastes just like milk...but I'm not sure if its still messing with me. Ugh...so much to think about.

Juls,
No worries, you reply when you can. I appreciate that you even will cuz I know you have a ton to think about with your own kids' diets. Love you girl!!!

Bri