Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:14 AM

I got an iPod for Christmas and this has opened up a whole world of podcasts. I love them. I found Anne of Green Gables there on the podcast and have been fully enjoying laughing out loud at Anne's antics. The movie is fabulous but the book...oh the book is so romantical. No one can truly ever be in the depths of despair if there are others tragical stories to listen to. Anne really does have a tragical story. Her life, up to the point of the beginning of the book, was a graveyard of buried hopes.

If any of this is making sense to you or stirring in your soul, then you must be a kindred spirit. If not, then you surely have no scope for the imagination and are truly missing out.
|
This entry was posted on 12:14 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On January 5, 2009 at 3:19 PM , Breanna said...

Oh man, Symmie. You totally remind me of Anne. :) I just watched that movie, too! For being an older movie, it's still very good. Alicia reminds me of Diana, too. Getting drunk and all. Totally her......

 
On January 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Bre you might be too young to remember this but there was a time that I had my hair cut to chin length. It was, not purposefully, cut exactly like the style of Anne's hair after she dyed it green. I had more comments then about being like Anne. Alicia and I have always reminded me of Anne and Diane. I was totally airheaded and fancifully dreaming and Alicia was the practical one that worshipped me and wished she was more like me....

hahahaha...ok seriously, I was the dork who was always in trouble wishing I could be sensible like Alicia. We remind me of the sisters in Sense and Sensibility too. I would be Kate Winslet and Alicia is Emma Thompson. Lucky dog, she gets all the good roles while I get this silly ones!!!

 
On January 6, 2009 at 12:37 AM , barnettblend said...

No seriously, you were born to be Anne.. now if we could just find your Gilbert!!! :)

 
On January 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

AMEN Sistah! I hear ya!

 
On January 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM , Brent, Cathy, and Aaron said...

I remember when you made me watch this movie... all I can remember is how long it was. ;-)