Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•10:57 PM
Purity teachings started last night. Right before worship started I popped in two pans of succulent brownies into the oven in the kitchen at church. When the youth went to go to their class after worship you opened the door from the foyer to head upstairs and you were immediately hit with a chocolatey yummyness that you could practically taste.

I grabbed the pans and brought them upstairs. I let the kids smell them, I let them look at them. I didn't let them eat them. Here's the analogy, the brownies represent sex. So, only those that are married were allowed to eat the brownies...hence I didn't eat them either...Now, due to the fact that the youth kids got to smell them and awoke their senses to the wonderful desire for brownies they will most likely be craving them all this week. Some will make some. Some will hate me forever for this. Some won't care at all. Some will eat something else sweet. All of this represents how we are affected when we are trying to stay pure and we still watch certain things on TV, listen to certain things on the radio or talk to our friends a certain way. We are awaking love prior to God's timing. It makes it all that much harder to remain pure.

So for the next two weeks I am going to begin the lessons with the question, "who has caved?" The funniest part of all of it is that the youth will feel like they have sinned by eating brownies. Its not a sin to eat brownies...they are just an analogy. One youth girl text me to today and said, "am I grounded? I ate a brownie" I wrote her back and said, "if you can stand before God with a clean conscience and eat a brownie...well thats between you and Him."

Cruel and unusual? Maybe. Effective? Definitely!!!
|
This entry was posted on 10:57 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 9, 2008 at 2:24 PM , barnettblend said...

That was a great analogy. Loved it.