Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•7:44 PM
For those that have planned any type of VBS you will know that most curriculum gives you a timeline that looks something like this:
4-6 months prior to VBS: Pick a curriculum
3-5 months prior to VBS: Find out your budget
2-3 months prior to VBS: Choose location, rotation schedules
2 months prior to VBS: Start recruiting
1 month prior to VBS: order supplies
Etc. etc. etc.

I, on the other hand, am about 4 months out from my VBS and one of the first things I did was
plan how I would break the groups up and what classrooms they would be in. At the same time I was working on a budget.

So, today I ordered supplies, walked through the new building and discussed the layout of VBS with Karen, I have my budget in place enough to begin (still waiting on final approval but have a semi-final approval), I have my music director and some of my other volunteers in place and I am about to begin recruiting.

Not a very exciting update I know but there you go. I was so excited to order supplies today! We have a discounted source for supplies but I won't know the amount of discount until Monday. Pray that we are blessed!!!
|
This entry was posted on 7:44 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: