Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•8:40 AM
My neighbor is having problems. I think she and her husband are about to separate. I only know because of all the yelling lately. They are normally very quiet but they don't seem to have a good marriage because they go through spouts of yelling matches.

I used to get mad. I would be frustrated with them for not being quiet and respectful of their neighbors. But God gave me a job to do when I hear them fighting. He asked me to pray. I pray for their salvation and marriage. I try to pray for their sakes, not my own (if they got saved and had a good marriage they'd be ideal neighbors!).

You know what God did with that? He broke my heart. I hear them now and I am so sad for them. I truly do pray for their sake and not mine because now my heart breaks at the reminder that they need Jesus.

Please pray for my neighbors, they need more than my prayers. If you live in an apartment, next time you hear fighting or partying, pray for your neighbors too. You just might make a difference.
|
This entry was posted on 8:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On February 6, 2008 at 10:17 PM , Julee Huy said...

Love it! Keep praying! Gosh, I'm glad I don't live in an apartment where people can hear me yell at my kids, but maybe if I did they'd pray! :)

 
On February 6, 2008 at 10:47 PM , barnettblend said...

Yeah, that's why I hated apartment living - you can't yell without thinking of your neighbors hearing you. I can yell all I want now - is that a good thing? :)

 
On February 6, 2008 at 11:43 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

LOL you both said that you want to yell...thats funny. You wouldn't be yelling the language that my neighbors yell though. Thats the part that is hardest to listen to.