Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:05 AM
My mom recently started a new blog regarding her blessings. I wanted to write a post that everyone who comments on it must say one thing they are blessed by.

Here are two of my blessings for the day. These are kind of odd as they are memories but Kate's blog reminded me of both of these:

The first is a trip the zoo in Stead, which is north of Reno. My cousins and I went out and it was...well...doubtful it was really a zoo. It smelled SO bad, and we nearly didn't bother to go in. We were walking around this tiny zoo looking at the tiny lions (we found the bigger ones later) wondering if they were even alive. They were laying out in the sun in chain link fence cages with a small walkway and another chain link fence between us. That was it.

Then it was feeding time.

This consisted of the workers removing a very small bar over a hole in the fence and shoving raw hamburger meat through it. Boy did the lions wake up then! The workers started taunting them to put on a show for us and we truly wondered how much longer they would live.

Blessing number 2:
The memory of Alicia and my mom and I walking through the mall. We walk by a video store and the Great Mouse Detective is playing on the screen in the window. Alicia puts her hand out and starts cooing over the tv. I have never seen anything like it. Nor will she ever live it down. Don't you even try to deny it Alicia, I have a witness!!!
|
This entry was posted on 12:05 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On March 5, 2008 at 11:53 PM , barnettblend said...

I am blessed by time away with my husband. Read my blog. :) And you are so exaggerating in your story. :) J/K

 
On March 6, 2008 at 12:14 PM , Cher said...

I love that memory.....I can't walk by the store without thinking of Alicia.
And Alicia, she is not exaggerating at all....I remember!!! You were so cute.

Not as cute as when you asked for the "2 straws"