Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:58 PM
Pastor Pat's mother has been in and out of the hospital. We didn't think she would live to see her 77th birthday last week but she did. Yesterday morning Pastor Pat got a call that his mom was back in the hospital. Today he got the call that they wanted to take her off of the antibiotics that they were pumping into her to help fight the pneumonia. This was by the doctors suggestion. The reason is that for the past several months she has been declining more and more and if pneumonia didn't take her now it would soon. The antibiotics were just prolonging the inevitable.

They did take her off of them. This evening Pastor Pat had a Board meeting at the new building and Kelly was at Women's Bible study at the old building. Paula, Pastor Pat's sister, got the call that this was it. She got to the hospital and called Pastor Pat. She said, "I'm going to crawl in bed with mom and I want you to pray with her" so he did and he sang "soon and very soon, you are going to see the King, soon and very soon you are going to see the King. No more crying there, no more dying there" Then Paula said, "there is no more dying here, she is with her King."

I cannot explain how much this means. We prayed for mercy for her not to linger long and she went so very quickly. We prayed that God would give her a glorious exit, as He has done with so many of His saints, and He did. Pastor Pat really wanted her to see the new building but he got the next best thing, he was in it when she slipped away. He really wanted to be there for his mom and his sister when it happened, and he was able to.

Kelly was able to share with the women and we prayed for her and the family after and had a glorious time of sharing and encouragement. It was absolutely precious.

On my way home my friend Alicia called. She had a horrible day. CPS had been called on her. You really need to read her blog (Click Here) for her side of the story but I started thinking, God can take anything and use it for His glory right? So somehow, just maybe, this can be turned. We have already seen God's hand in it that she hasn't been able to start foster care just yet. I know that probably wouldn't have helped in this case to have more children. I know she is a good mom, I know she will be a great foster mom, but God's timing is perfect.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but God has a plan and a purpose for all the things He allows into our lives. Some things are harder that others. But I pray that I can learn to trust God to the point of never questioning whether something good will come of it but learn to see Him all through it.

God is so amazing and sweet. I cannot tell you how much in love with Him that I am! And, O! I am!!!
|
This entry was posted on 11:58 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: