Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:24 PM
Today Chris brought Joey and Xofia with him to work. Xofia ended up in my office playing with some toys that I stash under my desk specifically for her and her brothers. At one point she wanted me to pick her up and began crawling towards me, then stopped, and slowly stood up on her feet. I figured she might actually start walking (she has been at the stage where she has the ability but not the nerve for quite some time now) so I backed up. She dropped back down onto all fours and crawled closer, then stopped, and stood up again...I backed up again...about the third time into this routine she went for it and took 3 very uncertain but pretty steady steps and then was in my arms all smiles!

I must have missed something...did she start walking and I didn't know it?

I grabbed her and went into Chris' office. "Is Xofie walking yet?" "no, not yet" "Are you sure because she just took a few steps for me!" So we tried again. I put her down and faced her towards her father. She got the most ornery grin I have seen on her face and promptly crawled over to him. She refused to even stand up for him! I couldn't believe it.

Back into my office I went, sad that I had witnessed a first and couldn't even allow her dad the privilege of seeing it! Later, she was back in my office and she walked for me two other times! I was so blessed to be witnessing this but sad that her parents were missing it!

Finally, later in the day I was in Chris' office asking him a question, walking Xofie while she held onto my fingers and I was able to pry my hands out of hers and she took about 5-6 steps on her own. Chris saw it and from that point on she just wanted to show off her new trick.

Tatum came later and saw her walking, then Pastor Pat, and anyone else that came in that day. She is now walking very surely and quite enjoying all the attention.
|
This entry was posted on 11:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: