Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:33 AM
Tonight I watched How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. I think the most amazing part of this movie is the fact that she walks into a club and walks out with a guy. Hollywood makes it seem so simple to find and meet a guy that is not only available, handsome, and amazing but also interested in you as well.

This doesn't really happen.

I have met some handsome guys that aren't available, amazing guys that aren't interested and available guys that are not amazing or handsome. All this makes me ask God, "When is it my turn?"

Some people have solutions to this, "God is still working on you..." "Don't worry you are still young..." "God has someone great for you..." and so on and so forth. But honestly, thats not very comforting. First of all, if God is still working on me that is just saying that I am flawed and no wonder no one wants me. Plus it makes it my fault that there is a hold up. If I could just be more perfect then I will get a guy. Secondly, the fact that I am young doesn't help. It just means I haven't developed the patience I need to be an old maid. Besides, I want children, in that light I am not that young anymore. The last one is my least favorite. Nobody knows God's will for me. Nobody knows for sure that He has marriage in my future. Nobody knows if He has chosen to keep me single or not. Some people say that if I have the gift of singleness I would not have a desire to be married. I disagree with that as well. Some gifts are difficult to accept but they are for our benefit. For example, someone who has the gift of exhortation has the awesome times of getting to encourage and help people but along with that comes the times to lovingly rebuke people. Thats a gift, but its not fun.

I'm really just venting a little. I hope you don't mind. My cousin would always tell me honestly. I love her for that. She wouldn't mince words. Even when I was dating. She would tell me "I do not envy you. That is the hard part, the not knowing." Others tell me "enjoy this time." Yeah...well...if they think that why didn't they stay single since they enjoyed it so much?

Okay, I need to get to bed now. I think I should go back to watching sci-fi comedy and stay away from the romances for a while. You think?
|
This entry was posted on 12:33 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

On May 1, 2008 at 8:56 PM , Julee Huy said...

Oh sweets,

I'm sorry it's so difficult. You know what I was thinking today? I was thinking even if I "figure life out" I will never get to the place where I have attained or have arrived. This life is meant to be difficult so in all my juggling I wonder, is there REALLY a solution or am I meant to juggle and trust the Lord through it?

You're right, I don't have an answer for you and that's why I don't pretend to. All I know is a really sweet girl sent me a package in the mail today and I was so excited and hugged my gifts to myself. I don't know what God has planned, but I know He's got a pretty special daughter and as the daughter of the King, I bet He takes care of you pretty well. I know He used you to make this daughter feel pretty special.

Still praying for showers of blessings... oh, and a cute hunk too!

;)

I Love you dear.

 
On May 1, 2008 at 11:02 PM , barnettblend said...

Why don't you go on a trip?? :) I heard a James Dobson thing the other day and it was saying how sometimes you need a change of scenery (new job, new city, etc) to really broaden your scope of men... :) What do you think? Are you up to moving to Switzerland for a few months? I don't know why Switzerland... but whatever. :)

 
On May 1, 2008 at 11:52 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Both your responses blessed me and made me smile. I am blessed to have such friends. Normally I avoid sharing at times like that because I don't want to be a downer or complaining but sometimes its nice just to vent a little.

As for Switzerland...well...lets just say that I think Columbia would be better as I think that Columbians are gorgeous!!!

Got a Juanes CD from my Spanish teacher for my birthday. He's a cute hunk but I don't think he's saved. Bummer. :)

Thank you both. I love you both!!!

 
On May 2, 2008 at 5:13 PM , Clyde Simmons said...

I love my daughter!

 
On May 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Thanks Daddy!!! I love you too!

 
On May 6, 2008 at 5:55 PM , Breanna said...

Yeah to single women!!!

Don't forget that you're not the only one out there. Yeah, I may be a few years younger, but think about the pressure I have going on: Three older sisters all married by 18 or 19 and yet here I am almost 21 and still single. Not to mention all my sisters had kids by my age and yet I'm.....still.....single.....

I can't really say don't worry since I worry about it all the time. But sometimes I do wonder if maybe God is just waiting for us to let go of our crazy ODD ways of looking for a guy and just TRUSTING. Single or not, we will trust that God has the best. It's like that verse (I don't know where) that says when we are weak, then He is strong. He have to stop being strong for ourselves because then we don't depend on God. But once we let go of our control and trust God, then He has more room to bless us the way HE wants to bless us, not the way we THINK He should bless us......Am I making any sense? Probably not, but whatever. I have a crazy mind sometimes.. :)

Wow! This was long, too. Sorry.

Stay happy!!!!!

 
On May 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM , Breanna said...

Wow, I made a lot of mistakes. I meant OCD, not ODD.......And the others, well, you can probably figure out what I really meant. :)

 
On May 7, 2008 at 12:35 AM , Beverly Hernandez said...

Well, it took me a lot of tries to get through this post...I try to avoid emotions at all costs! Great post. We love you. Can't wait to see you next week.

Love ya,
Auntie Bev