Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:00 AM
Today we did what is my favorite part of a building project...we grabbed a bunch of sharpies, a few Bibles, some hot cocoa and chips and went to the new church and wrote all over the inside! It is such a fun time.

There were many Psalms written on the stage, all my favorite Scriptures I wrote in my office, Chris (our missions guy) wrote Psalm 67 in English and Spanish on the floor of his office, I wrote the great commission on his doorframe, there is Isaiah 61 (beauty for ashes, healing the brokenhearted, oil of joy for mourning etc.) in the prayer room, and in the bathroom...the verse in Deuteronomy about taking the excrement outside of camp and burying it. I want to find a verse about cleansing the temple and write it in the bathroom.

One lady wrote the names of all the books of the Bible throughout. She went in order and just circled the church. So it was random that she put Hebrews in the Pastor's office...he loves coffee...get it? He brews!!! She also wrote 1, 2, 3 John in the men's restrooms.

But it was precious to see the kids running around and writing Scriptures that they had memorized. They love this time of writing on the walls!

A friend of mine prayed for a specific Scripture to write in my office and ended up, unknowingly, choosing one of my favorite verses!

I will link this or upload pics later. They weren't on my camera so I have to wait until I get the pics.
|
This entry was posted on 12:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: