Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:44 AM
I was watching Return of the King last night and started realizing the reality of our Spiritual heritage. Watching the battles and the people going into these battles to almost certain death, but still going because they were fighting for what they believed in and I began to realize that this is what we have. I was watching and picturing the battles of David and his valiant men. Thinking of all the times they were very much like those portrayed in the movie. Their valor, honor and conviction in what they believed in. I thought of Jericho, Israel and all the history of the people of God and I realized that its not just Israel's history, its every Christian's.

I was stirred to the point of wishing I had a physical battle to fight for my Lord and He showed me that I can. Its in prayer. As Christians our battles are in the Spiritual realm. We can get on our faces and fight hard for those we love. I realized that in heaven we would see the effect of our battling in prayer. We would see, as Aragorn saw later, how we could be drawing the enemy away by praying. We will know the true effects of those prayers.

I have made a commitment to spend more time in prayer. God is blessing that time so much. Please join me. Lets be a praying people!!!
|
This entry was posted on 11:44 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: