Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•8:26 AM
Yesterday was one of those "no good terrible horrible bad days." This week was supposed to be fabulously wonderful too! I hit the week running and was all ready to go.

We had to buy a new tower for my computer because my old one is near crashing. This was done Saturday. So I began my day yesterday by starting up the old computer and doing my routine. Then, in a brief moment I set up the new computer in a different location to start downloading things to it. In the midst of that I started up my laptop that I had brought from home to print a file for the Board meeting that night.

So there I was, running three different computers at once, and doing very well, I might add, when the problems began. First my printer stopped working on my old computer, then the space was full. Then I couldn't get the printer to work on either my laptop or my new computer.

Some of the most important things I needed to do this week were W2's, 1099's and 941's (all IRS stuff). They are all due by the 31st of this month. I couldn't work on 1099's without the W9's which I didn't get until later that day. I never got to any of them.

I was crushed. Truly frustrated and trying hard to stay afloat in all of this. When I left church I was so discouraged and cried. I had to run a few errands last night so I decided to just walk through stores slowly. I prayed as I walked and God started seeping His caring and comfort into the cracks of my depression.

When I got home I immediately turned on worship music and started cleaning. I figured I needed to focus on who God is and to feel like I accomplished something that day!

I listened to worship the whole night. I spent some time in prayer as well. God really spoke through that. He helped me take my thoughts captive and not dwell on the things that I couldn't change or that were possibly not true, like thinking the Pastor was mad at me (I knew he wasn't but when I was depressed it was easier to think I was wrong). God spoke His truth to my heart. Reminded me of what He has brought me through in the past.

I finally went to bed. I wasn't giddy, or even very happy. But I was at peace. I knew God would carry me through this. This morning I woke up feeling refreshed. I am ready for this day, whatever it brings. And I am taking my worship music to work with me. Nobody should have to deal with the IRS on their own!
|
This entry was posted on 8:26 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 29, 2008 at 11:19 PM , barnettblend said...

Tomorrow is a better day!

 
On January 31, 2008 at 12:48 AM , Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Haha...I love the optimism...however, today was more of a test than yesterday. But praise the Lord, He is so faithful and true. I have a blessings journal that I write down things that God blessed me with that day every night and today I still had many. God will never give us more than we can handle. We might have to go into the bathroom and cry several times...but He carries us through.