Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•12:32 AM
It is after midnight and I need to go to bed but I realized I never write blogs about what is happening. I don't have pictures because I'm still working at getting things loaded into my new computer but here's a brief update.

The new church building has about 3/4 of a roof on it. Praise the Lord because it took about 4 hours to shovel the snow out of the church so the crew could keep working!!! I wasn't able to be there because Pastor Pat wanted me at the operating church to keep the office running.

For those of you who don't know we hired another person to help us at the church. We now have 3 employees! Yippee!!! Chris is great...he takes care of the mice for me so I don't have to anymore! That and his wife is a dear friend of mine so I love seeing more of her!

This past Christmas we did a play that I wrote and directed several years ago. This year's production was awesome!!! I was very excited. I am blessed to have a lot of talent in this church. I get to pretend like I'm a movie director and they all just laugh at me. The craziest part is when I start watching all the extras on my DVDs and come in "inspired." One year my crew banned me from watching the extras. How mean! Anyways, this year's play, as I said, we have done before but it had been several years. It was about the names of God. Of all the plays I have written this one was my favorite to write. Not my favorite over all but just to write. The researching on this one was fascinating. If you ever get a chance to do a study on the names of God, do it! God is amazing!

This past semester I took a Spanish class. I absolutely adore my spanish teacher. She is a sweetheart. In fact, I had her and her husband over to Chris and Tatum's for games after the semester was over (my place is too small for five). It was fun!!! So as of the end of this month i will be taking conversational Spanish 2. Yay! The first class was easy for me having grown up with all y'all Hispanic folks. Thank you so much! It helped a ton! Maybe after this next class I will post a blog in all spanish.

Other than the funerals, which I mentioned, and all the crazy sicknesses that are going around I think thats it for the update. For those of you who really haven't talked to me in a while, no there are no guys in my life. C'mon people, when are you going to get it into your heads, I live in Carson City...There are no guys here!!!

Okay, I am going to bed now. Have a grand night!
|
This entry was posted on 12:32 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: