Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:34 PM















This is my friend Sylvia. She is a dear and I love her. I am writing this today though as a tribute to all mom's. Sylvia is a mother of 3. Her oldest, Rosalie, is 6, Francesca is 3, and Angelo is 1. They are all very precious cute kids.

I was very blessed today to help Syl out with the kids and give her some time to herself. She was so grateful but she didn't realize how much it blessed me to be able to help her in this way. I can't be there all the time but I can a little bit. That little bit blesses me so much.

Anyways, you might be wondering how this is a tribute to all you moms...well...I don't know how you guys do it. When I am sitting and its a rough time I always have the light at the end of the tunnel that eventually the parents will show up (there is that little bit of nagging doubt that maybe they've just skipped town...nawwww....they wouldn't do that....would they?). Moms don't have that. You guys have a small reprieve, maybe, when dad gets home. But even that isn't the same. Some dads work early and have to get to bed right away. Some dads aren't in the picture. Some dads are part of the problem. And some dads help a lot and its still not enough because the kids outnumber the adults.

I just want to say to all you moms. I wish I could come and take your children for the evening while you get some well deserved time off. I don't know how you get all your children ready for church and there on time. I don't know how you keep your house clean at all. I don't know how you can manage to learn all you need to know to be a mom (lets face it, moms are constantly learning either through homeschooling, disabilities, diets, which toys are from China etc. etc. etc.) I don't know how you can do all this, be a wife, a sister, a friend, and to top it all off, you still cook.

You moms are all my hero! I pray that when I am a mom I can be just like all of you!
|
This entry was posted on 11:34 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: