Author: Briana "Symmie" Simmons
•11:01 PM
So, in addition to my allergy to milk and soy I do believe I have a metal allergy. Consensus seems to be that most people are allergic to Nickel so I am suspecting that first.

Funny thing...all these years I have had a horrible time shaving. I always have to have brand new razors and expensive ones on top of that. I have to use shaving cream, the stuff for sensitive skin, and I need to have lotion put on immediately after. That doesn't stop the razor burn but it cuts back on it.

So, what if there is nickel in the blade?

I NEVER thought of that until today. Random thought. After some research on a few sites I have found that all blades pretty much have nickel, which is silly since so many people are allergic. There is only one exception that I can find and that is the Schick Quattro Titanium, which is coated with Titanium. Should I buy one and shave with only soap and see what happens??? :)

Second question...does my electric razor have nickel in it? I don't know. I have emailed the company, as they have NO information whatsoever about what type of metal they use. I didn't specify Nickel though just in case it turns out to be aluminum, another popular allergy.

Ahhh...welcome to the Simmons/Huy/Hernandez world of crazy allergies!!!

I have to say, allergy free, thats amazing. I feel great when I have no milk/soy. Can you imagine how wonderful I will feel when I am nickel free? ;)
|
This entry was posted on 11:01 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: